Below are 5 technique traits that Anthony Erin has mastered:
- Body line: His head drives forward staying in a line with no movement. Swimming downhill.
- He flies at the surface: Maximizing efficiency and reducing drag, he swims his race with a significant portion of his body out of the water.
- Turn over: He continues to stroke rate and rotations with no pausing, keeping a fast turnover the entire race.
- Acceleration: He is notorious for a slow start, but he finishes every race strong accelerating to the wall, gaining speed throughout the race. Building momentum through the race.
- Drives hands Forward gliding at the surface, then Grabs Water as far forward as possible engaging lats and core: The lack of bubbles on his underwater videos show efficient pulling technique, keeping his body in a line. Maximizing his power per pull.